Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Lady of Shallot


This is the painting above my bed and my favorite poem of all time. It's amazing that even in this day and age that there is still a beautiful song about this amazing woman. She shows unwavering strength and faith until the world beyond her becomes too much for her to bear. The temptation of a love that she knows she will never have overtakes her and becomes the death of her.
How could anyone keep themselves from all that the world has to offer? Yet it shows that most everything the world has to offer will also bring your undoing. Is it worth it? Only each person can say what is worth it to themselves...what is the world and it's experiences worth to you? I think I have yet to answer that question for myself. Maybe none of us can answer until the last breath we take, but I will continue to look to the Lady of Shallot in wonder and amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment