Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Leap of Faith

Today is my 10th wedding anniversary and that is totally awesome in my book! I just had to say that so that you know how happy I am to be married to this wonderful man. I really do appreciate him and love him so much. I am very blessed to have such an understanding and hard working guy.
Over the last 10 years I think I've started closing myself off to him though. I used to tell him everything and we talked all the time. I don't really know exactly what happened but somewhere along the way, our communication started failing. I want him to understand me so badly and don't want him to look at me as some weak and crazy woman that he regrets ever meeting so I guess I just quit talking. It's obvious, I think, that I'm a very insecure person so that doesn't help either. Well, tonight I took that leap of faith to talk to him about my feelings and what I think is going on in this messed up melon of mine. I was totally sober too!! Imagine that! I was pretty impressed with myself to tell you the truth. (Sad, huh?)
I don't really know what he thinks about it or if he thinks anything at all about it, but at least I did it. I am very proud to say that I stuck my neck out and I feel good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment