Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Letting Go

Every time I think about the people in my life that have gone whether it's because of death, ignorance, hate or just plain circumstance, it really makes me sad. It's obvious that I miss my brother and my grandmother. Those are givens and they're pretty self explanitory as to why they make me sad. What about the others that are no longer in my life? And maybe they're still in my life but just not in the same way that they used to be.
Ok, so I'm dancing around the whole point as to why I'm in a funky mood today. Here goes. I shared so much of my young adult life experiences with a great woman who I was always able to count on and then one day out of the blue, we aren't such good friends anymore and everything is so weird. Yes, there are a lot of details that are missing in there but the whole point is that every time I spend any amount of time with her (because we work together) I get all depressed. I miss that relationship that we used to have and it seems like it doesn't bother her in the least. Maybe the relationship meant a lot more to me than it did to her or maybe it's just because I'm so much more emotional than she is. Either way, it doesn't matter because no matter how much I try to see the logical side of life, my emotional tendencies are always in control. How does one change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment